News & Information
Introduction to University Summer School
Disability Support Services at the University of Limerick are hosting a two day summer school to introduce prospective students to college life.
The summer school aims to support students with disabilities in making a successful transition to university. The programme will particularly benefit students with autism, ADD/ADHD or dyspraxia.
Participants will have the opportunity to explore the university campus, develop college skills such as organisation skills, self-management skills, IT skills, independent learning skills and self-advocacy skills. Participants will have the opportunity to find out more about university life and how to prepare for it. The summer school will be delivered in a relaxed environment with a small number of participants. Please be aware that places are limited.
Who can register?
The summer school is open to second level students who have completed the junior cycle and who intend to pursue a university programme of study. The summer school is ideally suited to students in fifth or sixth year however transition year students are also welcome.
The summer school will take place on July 25th and July 26th 2017 at the University of Limerick
How to register?
For more information or to register to take part please contact Caoilinn Kennedy by email Caoilinn.Kennedy@ul.ie
Leaving Cert 2017 - Important Autumn Dates
31st of August - 7th of September - Orientation for First Year Undergraduate students.Monday 11th September 2017 - Lectures Commence
LC interested in studying Arts Degree in UCC - check out the New Kavanagh Celtic Civilisation Scholarship - 2 available of €250 annually. Availiable to 1st year students who are registered for 15 credits of Celtic Civilisation and will be awarded based on LC results.
TY & 5th Year
A group of 55 5th Year students travelled to UCC Spring Open day on 16th May 2017. They toured the campus and got to meet staff and students of all departments. During a talk on different programmes in UCC they were introduced to 3 new programmes available from 2018:
- BA Psychology and Computing
- BSc Data Science and Analytics
- BSc Medical and Health Science
The College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences is holding its inaugural Summer School from 12-16 June 2017. Taster lectures are offered to TY and 5th Yr. students in all subject areas. It's free but places are limited. Register online at http://www.ucc.ie/en/cacsss/ss2017/
UCC Sports Scholarships
Application forms available at sport.ucc.ie/scholarships
- Closing date for the The Roy Keane UCC Sport 100 Soccer Scholarship and the Michael J. Dowling UCC Sport 100 Hurling Scholarship is 30th June 2017.
- The Munster Council of the GAA allocate bursaries to GAA students living in the Munster region.
- UCC awards Player Development Awards where potential of sports persons is acknowledged. No financial element but recipients benefit from a number of other scholarship services, including specialized coaching, etc.
Live Online Q & A's:
- Wednesday 24th May, 3 - 4.30pm - Panel - Graduate & student panel
- Monday 26th June, 3 - 5pm - Panel - UCC panel of expert staff - http://www.ucc.ie/caolive
QQI FE Links to Nursing:
Quota of nursing places has increased:
- CK 710 General - 11 places
- CK712 Children's and General Integrated - 1 place
- CK720 Mental Health - 3 places
- CK730 Intellectual Disability - 3 places
- CK740 Midwifery - 2 places
Total of 20 places for 2017